Our trustees play a vital role in supporting our work by providing leadership, governance and guidance.
Our trustees hold Home-Start in trust for current and future beneficiaries by:
- Providing leadership and direction within the ethos of Home-Start
- ensuring the scheme has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction
- being responsible for the effective performance and management of the Scheme
- ensuring the scheme complies with legal and regulatory requirements, the objects of the scheme, the governing documents including the Home-Start Standards and Methods of Practice, the Home-Start Agreement and quality standards
- securing and guarding the scheme’s assets and taking care of their security, deployment and proper application
- ensuring that the scheme’s governance is of the highest possible standard
- undertaking an ambassadorial role for the scheme
- appointing sub-committees and agreeing their terms of reference and membership
Home-Start governs itself effectively and responsibly, ensuring that its legal and financial obligations are met. Trustees work in partnership with staff and volunteers to support families and to give children the best start in life. Roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and Trustees have the necessary qualities, skills and knowledge.
If you would to find out more on becoming a trustee of Home-Start Wellingborough and District please read the Role of a Trustee document below and then contact us
Role of a trustee: